Khatay Aloo Recipe
Khatay Aloo is very popular street food in Pakistan. You can make it at home easily and you can make it more spicy.
- Small potatoes 2 kg
- Tamarind pulp 1-1/2 cup
- Jaggery 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Ginger powder 1-1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder 2 tsp
- Crushed coriander seeds 2-1/2 tsp
- Crushed cumin seeds 2-1/2 tsp
- Chopped green chilies 3
- Coriander leaves chopped 4 tbsp
- Water 1-1/2 cup
- Oil 1/2 cup
- Peel potatoes and boil it.
- Then heat oil in pot, add boiled potatoes, salt, red chili powder, crushed coriander seeds, crushed cumin seeds, mix it nicely and fry for 2 to 3 minutes on low-medium flame.
- Now add tamarind pulp, jaggery, ginger powder and water, mix it and bring to boil on high flame.
- Then cover it and cook on medium flame until water dries.
- Now add chopped coriander leaves and chopped green chilies.
- Now take out in serving dish and serve hot as snack or starter or with paratha.
Khatay Aloo is spicy dish. Potatoes are boiled and fried with spices. Then cooked with jaggery, tamarind pulp and water. Then garnished with chopped green chilies & coriander leaves and served hot.