- 450g urid dal (soaked overnight)
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- 175ml yoghurt
- 55ml cold milk
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Chilli powder to garnish
- Drain the soaked urid dal and grind into soft batter, add ½ a teaspoon cumin powder and salt to taste.
- Beat the batter with a wooden spoon for 5 minutes.
- Heat the oil, reduce the heat and pour in 2 tablespoons of batter at a time. Fry both sides on low heat but do not brown.
- Remove the baras from oil and place in a bowl of warm water for 1 minute
- Then squeeze the bars gently and place in a deep serving bowl.
- Stir the yoghurt in a bowl with the cold milk, crushed garlic and remaining cumin powder.
- Add salt to taste and pour over the baras.
- Garnish with chilli powder and serve.
Perfect treat for summer time to cool off with loved ones