Chicken filled Potatoes
- 8 medium potatoes
- 2 tsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 ½ cups chopped cooked chicken
- 125g mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ½ cup peas
- 220g can creamy chicken soup or thick chicken stock
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 2 tbsp milk
- 45g butter
- Bake or microwave potatoes until tender, stand for 15 minutes.
- Cut the potatoes in half, scoop out the flesh, leaving a 5mm shell; reserve potato flesh.
- Blend corn flour with water; combine in a pan with chicken, mushrooms, peas and soups, bring to boil; simmer uncovered, for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the chives. Spoon chicken mixture into the potato shells.
- Mash reserved potato with milk and 15g of the butter, spoon into a piping bag fitted with a fluted tube.
- Pipe mashed potato over filling, drizzle with remaining melted butter. Bake in a hot oven for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve hot.
Easy and delicious appetizers