- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon diced seeded jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 chicken cube
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a pan, stir-fry onion and garlic in oil for 3 minutes. Add peppers; stir-fry until crisp-tender.
- Stir in the water, tomato puree, chili powder, chicken cube, salt and cayenne.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken, beans and rice; heat through.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
A quick and spicy Mexican stir fry recipe