Fruit trifle is an English classic originated from truffle. The actual English trifle was made of sponge cake over which egg custard was poured, soaked with fruit and topped with whipped cream.
In our part of the world the recipe has been somewhat change according our taste and the availability of the ingredients.
Traditional Fruit Trifle
- Sponge cake 1
- Strawberry jelly 1 packet
- Banana jelly 1 packet
- Fruit cocktail 1 tin
- Strawberry jam as required
- Raspberry 1 packet
- Icing sugar 2 tbsp
- Milk 2 cups
- Sugar 3-4 tbsp
- Orange jelly 1 packet
- Vanilla custard powder 3 tbsp
- Cream 2 packets
- Take a dish and layer sponge cake in it.
- Put jam in between.
- Now put another layer of sponge cake.
- Take a pan and pour milk in it.
- Add custard powder and cook it until it becomes thick.
- In the dish with cake add small pieces of cake, fruit cocktail and pieces of crystal jellies.
- Pour custard in it.
- Let it cool down.
- Take a bowl, put cream and icing sugar. Whip them together.
- Pour it over the custard and garnish with jellies.
Featured Fruit Trifle Recipes
Summer Fruit Trifle
In countries like Pakistan where summer is the dominant season and the climate is hot for more than half of the year. Due to this it is very important for us that recipes we make are less time consuming and have cooling effect on our body.
- 200g strawberries, quartered
- 600ml ready-made vanilla custard, chilled
- 600g mixed berries (e.g. blueberries, blackberries, raspberries)
- 100g graham biscuits
- 3tbsp caster sugar
- Take a pan and put all the berries in it. Add sugar and put them on low flame.
- Cook them until they become soft.
- After it’s cooked put it in a jar and store it.
- Take a spoonful out of it for topping.
- Take a bowl and put biscuits. Now crush these biscuits.
- Take a glass bowl and layer these biscuit, while reserving a few.
- Now pour custard over the layer of biscuits.
- Now put a layer of fruits.
- Keep repeating the layers alternating between fruit and custard.
- In the end sprinkle the remaining crushed biscuits.
- Chill in the refrigerator.
- Serve when cold.
Recent Fruit Trifle Recipes
Show More Fruit Trifle Recipes