Summer Fruit Trifle
- 200g strawberries, quartered
- 600g mixed berries (e.g. blueberries, blackberries, raspberries)
- 3tbsp caster sugar
- 100g graham biscuits
- 600ml ready-made vanilla custard, chilled
- In a pan, combine the berries and sugar and heat gently for a few minutes until the berries begin to soften.
- Store and leave to cool completely. From the mixture, using a spoon, remove a spoonful of fruit for the topping and set aside.
- Place the biscuits in a deep bowl and lightly crush them.
- Reserving a handful, tip the rest into a large glass bowl
- Spoon half the custard over the biscuits, followed by half of the fruit mixture. Repeat the layers and top with a sprinkling of crushed biscuits and the reserved fruit to serve.
- Chill in refrigerator and serve cold.
This simple, light dessert is great for picnics or barbecues