- 1 Liter Full cream Milk
- 6 slices Bread
- 5 Tbsp Sugar
- 4-6 green Cardamom
- Oil for frying
- 1 cup cream
- almonds (soak in water for 1 hour and peel)
- 1 Tbsp Pistachios
- In a pan melt the sugar with cardamom seeds until it turns light brown.
- Reduce heat completely and add all the milk.
- Keep stirring on low heat.
- Cook for about two hours on low heat stirring occasionally. Gradually add cream in between.
- When the milk mixture is light pink in color and reduced in quantity considerably, remove from heat and cool completely.
- Cut each bread piece into two.
- Heat oil and shallow fry to a golden color. Cool completely.
- Place bread pieces in a shallow dish. Pour milk over to cover completely.
- Decorate with chopped almonds and pistachios.
- Place in refrigerator for at least two hours before serving so the exotic flavor sets in.
Truly a royal dessert, as its name suggests, Shahi Tukra is a rich bread pudding with dry fruits, flavored with cardamom. It's simple to make and a great to eat.