Whole Wheat Puri
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- ¼ tbsp ajma / ajwain
- 1/2 tbsp roughly ground black pepper
- Oil – for frying
- Mix the dry ingredients, add oil and mix, add water to form a firm dough and knead till smooth. Let it rest for about 30 minutes. Make small balls about walnut size.
- Roll out into 4 inch diameter circles.
- Fry in hot oil, one or two at a time, holding them under the oil on the first side until they puff.
- Turn and fry till golden brown; remove onto paper towels
Puris for breakfast, lunch or dinner