Oct 31, 2009
- 5 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Melted chocolate to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a bowl, cream the sugar and butter with an electric beater.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until smooth. Add vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, sift together the dry ingredients and add to the egg mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Shape the dough into 6 longs loaves and brush with beaten egg yolk. Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely. Cut each loaf into 1 inch slices and place back on baking sheet.
- Reduce heat to 350F and place slices back into the oven. Bake for another 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and cool.
- Melt the semi-sweet chocolate, and drizzle over the biscotti.
A crisp, not too sweet chocolate cookie that serves wonderfully with coffee.
By: shaii shaii on Aug 27, 2010