A Berry-Honey Sorbet
- 1 orange, juice and rind reserved
- 1 lemon, juice and rind reserved
- 4 cups berries (strawberry, blueberry or other berries)
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 egg whites
- Puree the berries with the juice from the orange and lemon in a blender.
- Mix the honey and hot water in a large bowl, stirring until the honey dissolves. Add pureed berries and reserved grated rinds and mix thoroughly. Cool the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites and carefully, but thoroughly fold them into the sweetened berry mixture.
- Store the mixture into the freezer and let it freeze.
- Serve frozen.
Sorbet perfect for hot summers