Cheese Chili Bites
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Finely grated Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp Dry mustard
- 1 tbsp Cold water
- 1/2 tsp Hot chili powder
- 1 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 1 large Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 c Butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 400'F.
- In a bowl, sift flour, salt and spices. Combine butter until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add grated cheese and mix well. Mix egg with cold water.
- Add 2 tablespoons of egg mixture to cheese mixture and mix to form a stiff dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead gently.
- Roll out dough on a flat surface. Make rounds or any favored shape with a dough cutter and transfer into the baking tray.
- Brush each half with remaining egg mixture.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake in preheated oven 10-12 minutes or until light golden and cooked through. Cool on a wire rack.
- Serve warm.
Great party Appetizers