Mac and Cheese Supreme
Nov 04, 2009
- 4 cups of cheddar cheese
- 8 oz box of elbow macaroni noodles
- 3 mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 medium red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium white onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs of boneless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups milk
- Melt butter in a pan and add flour, salt and pepper and mix until it is a paste.
- Add the milk and whisk together until the mixture thickens.
- Add 3 1/2 cups of cheese setting aside a 1/2 cup for later.
- Boil the noodles and mix it with cheese sauce and place in a greased casserole dish.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 3 minutes.
- In a oiled pan add garlic, onion, peppers and mushrooms and saute until tender. Preheat grill to 350 degrees.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts and brush each side lightly with olive oil.
- Sprinkle garlic salt on both sides and cook on the grill until chicken has reached an internal temperature of 170 degrees.
- When chicken is done, allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing into strips.
- To serve, put macaroni and cheese into a bowl and top with the sautéed vegetables.
- Top the vegetables with the chicken and top the chicken with the last of the cheese.
A new twist to the traditional Macaroni and Cheese