- 450g self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 250ml warm milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4-5 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Sift the flour, salt, sugar and baking powder in a bowl, then add 4 tablespoons of the melted butter and rub into the flour mixture with your hands.
- Then gently add the milk and mix so it forms soft dough.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Place in a bowl, put aside for 25 minutes.
- Divide the mixture into 8 portions; flatten each one so it looks like a thick cake. Cover with a cloth and put aside for 10 minutes.
- Roll each of the portions into a disc shape around 8 inches in diameter. Brush the tops of the bread with the remaining butter and sprinkle over the sesame seeds.
- Place the naan on a lightly oiled grill rack and cook under a preheated medium grill for 1-2 minutes each side or until lightly browned.
- Serve these naan warm at the side of a delicious curry.
No curry is complete without this easy-to-prepare-home-made-Naan!