Sweet Lemon Butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- Grated peel of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 whole eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- In a double boiler, melt butter. Then stir in lemon peel, juice, sugar and salt.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat whole eggs into egg yolks.
- Blend eggs into sugar mixture.
- Cook over boiling water, beating with whisk until thick and smooth, about 20 minutes.
- Cover and store in refrigerator.
- Serve on nutty breads.
Butter with a lemony twist