Khubani Ka Meetha, Kunafa And Akhrot Ka Halwa by Zarnak Sidhwa
Ingredients For Akhrot Ka Halwa:
- Walnuts 2 cups
- Extra walnut to decorate
- Ghee 3/4 cup
- Khoya 1/4 cup
- Milk Powder 1 cup
- Milk 1 cup
- Green cardamom 1/2 tsp
- Sugar 1 cup
- Heat ghee in a non stick pan, add crushed walnuts and saute till fragrant.
- Add khoya and mix and saute.
- Add milk powder and mix well.
- Add milk and mix add green cardamom powder and sugar and mix well and cook on medium heat till the mixture thickens to halwa consistency.
- Pour in a dish and let set.
- When warm, put cuts.
- Serve warm garnished with walnuts halves.
Ingredients For Knuafa:
- Khoya 500 gm
- Vermicelli 300 gm
- Almond 4 tbsp
- Walnuts 4 tbsp
- Raisin 4 tbsp
- Sugar 300 gm
- Water 150 ml
- Take an oven proof dish on the base of dish make a layer of khoya then make a layer of vermicelli layer.
- Repeat this practice more two times finally we will get three layers.
- Now put dish in preheat oven on 180 degree C for 15 to 20 minutes as it gets golden color remove it from oven.
- In other pan to make sugar syrup add sugar and water and cook it until syrup gets thick.
- Now pour syrup on vermicelli.
- Add serve hot or cold.
Ingredients For Khubani ka Meetha:
- Milk 1 liter
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- Dry apricot 200 gm
- Sugar 200 gm
- Custard powder 100 gm
- Soak the dried apricot in 3 liter water and leave it for 12 hours to get softened.
- Drain the water and take out the seeds from it properly.
- Take a separate container, put 500 gm and liter of water to make sugar syrup.
- Add apricot and cook it for 10 to 15 minutes until it comes a paste.
- Take a pot, put milk and vanilla essence and cook it for 10 minutes.
- Add 375 gm sugar and cook it for another 10 minutes until the sugar is melted.
- Add diluted custard slowly and gradually and mix it properly until it gets thick paste.
- Take a mold and spread apricot paste in it.
- Pour the custard paste on it.
- Garnish it with remaining apricot paste.
- Put it in refrigerator to cool down.Ready to serve.
Recipe of Khubani Ka Meetha, Kunafa And Akhrot Ka Halwa by Zarnak Sidhwa in Food Diaries on Masala TV