Karachi Halwa by Saadat Siddiqi
- Sugar 1 kg
- Oil 1 cup
- Water 750 ml
- Pumpkin seeds 100 gm
- Lemon salt 1/2 tsp
- Cream of lemon salt 1/2 tsp
- Cardamom powder 1/2 tsp
- Tandoori color to taste
- Pistachio, Almond for garnish
- For syrup: Mix sugar and water in bowl.
- Mix corn flour in water, blend with syrup and mix it continuously.
- Then put oil after few minutes, close stove and cook more.
- Also add lemon salt and tandoori color and stir it.
- Then put pumpkin seeds, cardamom powder and cream of lemon salt and cook until halwa leaves oil.
- Then garnish with almonds and pistachio and serve.
Recipe of Karachi Halwa By Chef Saadat Siddiqi in Lifestyle Kitchen on ARY Zindagi