Naurattan Biryani by Shireen Anwer
Jul 17, 2015
- Boiled rice 750 gm
- Brown onion 1 cup
- Carrot cubes 2
- Potatoes cubes 3
- Peas 1 cup
- Brinjals cubes 2
- Spinach washed chopped 3 cups
- Mint leaves 4 bunches
- Tomatoes sliced 4
- Beans chopped 1 cup
- Coriander leaves, Mint leaves 1/2 cup
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Salt 1-1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder 2 tsp
- Coriander powder 3 tsp
- Roasted & crushed cumin 1-1/2 tsp
- Turmeric 1/2 tsp
- All spice 1 tsp
- Kewra water 1 tbsp
- Yellow color 1/4 tsp
- Milk 1/2 cup
- Oil 1/2 cup
- Boil rice with salt and all spice and keep it aside.
- Now heat oil, put onion and fry onion until light golden.
- Then put ginger garlic paste, salt, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin, turmeric, all spice and tomato and fry it nicely.
- Now add 1/2 cup water.
- Then put carrot, potatoes, peas, brinjals, spinach, beans, coriander leaves and mint leaves with 1 cup water, cover it and cook until it is ready.
- Put make layer of 375 gm rice in pan.
- Now mix vegetables mixture, 375 gm rice, yellow color and kewra mixture in milk, add it and simmer it for 20 minutes.
Recipe of Naurattan Biryani by Shireen Anwer in Masala Mornings on Masala TV