Zafrani Murgh Pulao
- Rice 2 cups
- Fennel 2 tbsp
- Ginger 2 inch
- Salt 1 tsp
- Boneless chicken cubes 1/2 kg
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
- Chopped green chilies 4-5
- Cumin 1 tsp
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Saffron few strands
- Chopped onion (golden fried) 1
- Nutmeg powder 1/4 tsp
- Cardamom powder 1/2 tsp
- Bay leaves 2
- Black raisins (soaked) 12-15
- Salt to taste
- Chopped cucumber 1
- Chopped onion 1
- Salt 1 pinch
- Cumin 1 pinch
- Boil water with fennel, ginger and rice, add rice and cook until half done.
- Then strain rice and keep it aside.
- Now marinated chicken with yogurt, saffron, ginger garlic paste, green chilies, cumin, nutmeg and cardamom overnight.
- Then heat oil or ghee in pan, add bay leaves, add marinated chicken and mix salt.
- Then add golden fried onion and add half done rice.
- Then add rice stock, cover it and cook it.
- Then put black raisins and mix it.
- For raita: Mix all ingredients in whipped yogurt, chill it and serve.
Zafrani Murgh Pulao is tasty dish. The flavor of saffron is aromatic. Chicken is marinated overnight, cooked with rice and served with chilled raita.