- Semolina 1/2 kg
- Ghee 1 cup
- Fine sugar 1/2 cup
- Edible gum (Gond) 250 gm
- Makhane 250 gm
- Chopped almonds slice 125 gm
- Chopped pistachios slice 125 gm
- Heat ghee in frying pan and melt it.
- Now add gond, fry it, take it out and crush it.
- Now fry makhane and separate it.
- Then add semolina in pan and roast on low flame until light golden.
- Now remove from stove, put fine sugar, almonds, pistachios, fried gond and makhane and mix it.
- Then put 1/2 tsp cardamom powder and serve.
Panjeeri is staple food of Punjab, India. It is prepared with semolina, roasted in ghee and topped with edible gum & makhane. It is usually eaten in winter.