Kidney Toast With Fried Tomatoes
Submitted by: Zeenat Iqbal Hakimjee
- Sheep or goat kidneys 4 or Cow kidney 1
- Tomatoes 2
- Onion 1 large
- Green chili 1
- Bread 2 slices
- Butter 1 oz
- Ghee 1-1/2 oz
- Black pepper and salt to taste
- Wash and boil kidneys in little water.
- Remove dirt from time to time and remove from fire,
when they become soft.
- Drain water and cut kidneys very fine.
- Cut onion and green chili into finely slices.
- Fry onion in ghee until black-brown.
- Then add kidneys and green chili.
- Add salt and black pepper.
- Pour 2 tbsp water, to prevent onion from becoming
- Fry for little while and take it out.
- Toast bread (do not make them brown) and spread some
butter on one side of each slice.
- Keep them in plate and put mixture of kidneys and
onion on the greasy side.
- Take out all ghee.
- Cut tomatoes into two and fry.
- Sprinkle some salt over them.
- When they are ready, lay them on top of each slice and
two on sides.
- This is the English dish and is served in breakfast.
Kidney Toast With Fried Tomatoes by Guest Chef Zeenqat Iqbal Hakimjee