- Beef pasanday 1/2 kg
- Papaya paste 1/2 cup
- Rice (roasted & crushed) 2-3 tbsp
- Whole red chilies 3-4
- Fish sauce 2-3 tbsp
- Soya sauce 5 tbsp
- Finely chopped green onion 1/2 cup
- Finely chopped coriander leaves 1/2 cup
- Finely chopped mint leaves 1/2 cup
- Chinese salt 1 tsp
- Lemon juice 3-4 tbsp
- Salad leaves 2-3
- Tomatoes 1-2
- Cucumber 1
- Oil 2-3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Put beef, salt, soya sauce and papaya paste in mixing bowl and marinate for 2-3 hours.
- Now fry marinated beef in pan and remove it.
- Now burn coal on fire, close beef with coal in pot and simmer it.
- Then take put beef and cut into julienne.
- Now add whole red chilies, fish sauce, coriander leaves, mint leaves, rice, green onion, Chinese salt and lemon juice and mix it nicely.
- Then put beef julienne and mix it nicely.
- Now take out in salad platter, put cucumber, tomatoes and salad leaves and serve.
Nam Tok is Thai main course dish. It is marinated, fried and then smoke of coal. Served with vegetables.