Kashmiri Dum Aloo
Apr 11, 2016
- Boiled potatoes 1/2 kg
- Finely chopped mint leaves 1/2 bunch
- Finely chopped green chilies 4
- Fenugreek seeds few
- White cumin 1 tsp
- Fennel 1 tsp
- Whole coriander 1 tbsp
- Crushed red chili 1 tbsp
- Jaggery 1 tbsp
- Tamarind pulp 2 tbsp
- Tomato paste 2 tbsp
- Oil as required
- Salt to taste
- Mix whole coriander, white cumin and fennel, roast it slightly and grind it.
- Now peel boiled potatoes and cut into cubes.
- Heat oil in wok and deep fry potatoes until golden brown.
- Put fenugreek seeds, fried potatoes, salt, whole coriander and white cumin in wok.
- Put green chilies, red chili, tamarind paste, tomato paste and jaggery and simmer it on low flame.
- When it is simmered nicely, put mint leaves and serve hot.
Kashmiri Dum Aloo is delicious dish. Potatoes are deep fried and then simmered with spices. You must try this recipe. You can serve it as snack.