Chicken Karelay Recipe
- Chicken 1/2 kg
- Bitter gourd 1 kg
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Finely chopped onions 2
- Red chili powder 1 tbsp
- Turmeric 1 tsp
- White cumin 1 tsp
- Yogurt 1/2 cup
- Tomatoes 3-4
- Oil 1/2 cup
- Tamarind pulp 1/2 cup
- Jaggery 1 tbsp
- Mix salt, ginger garlic paste, red chili powder and cumin in yogurt nicely and marinate chicken with this mixture for 1 hour.
- Now peel bitter gourd, cut from center, take out seeds and cut into small pieces.
- Then put turmeric, tamarind pulp and jaggery and leave for 10 minutes.
- Now heat oil for 2-3 minutes on medium flame, put onion, fry until golden and take it out.
- Then wash bitter gourd 2-3 times with water nicely, squeeze it and fry in this oil.
- Then add masala chicken and onion in oil pan, cover it and cook on medium flame.
- Chicken tender, roast it and put bitter gourd.
- Also add finely chopped tomatoes and cover it.
- When tomatoes tender, roast it slightly, sprinkle coriander leaves, cover it and simmer it on low flame for 5 minutes.
- It is ready.
Chicken Karelay is delicious dish. The combination of chicken and bitter gourd is amazing. Must try this recipe.