Afghani Pulao Recipe
- Chicken whole 1 kg
- Rice 2-1/2 cups
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Finely chopped onions 3
- Lemons 4
- Ground ginger 2 tbsp
- Ground all spice 1 tsp
- Ground black pepper 1/2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Chopped green chilies 4
- Oil 1 cup
- Ghee/Butter 2 tbsp
- Yellow food color 1 pinch
- Wash chicken.
- Now soak rice.
- Then heat oil in pot, fry onion until golden brown and take it out.
- Now put yogurt, ginger, all spice powder, black pepper and green chilies and roast it slightly.
- Fry chicken separately, add in masala and simmer it on low flame.
- Now boil rice.
- Put salt, all spice and green chilies, boil it and drain water.
- Grease rice pot and make layer of half rice.
- Then keep chicken, put remaining rice and put masala on edges.
- Now mix yellow color in little water, put in pot and simmer it.
- When simmered, put ghee or butter and serve hot.
Afghani Pulao is delicious & tasty rice dish. Whole chicken is fried and cooked with spices, yogurt & green chilies. Then mixed with rice and serve with raita.