Feb 28, 2017
Zarda is very popular sweet rice dish in Pakistan. It is usually prepared in Eid.
- Sela rice 1/2 kg
- Sugar 1/2 kg
- Water 8 cups
- Green cardamoms 6
- Cloves 6
- Khoya 1 cup
- Almonds as required
- Pistachios as required
- Raisins as required
- Colorful asfrafiyan as required
- Yellow food color few drops
- Red food color few drops
- Green food color few drops
- Gulab jamun as required
- Green & pink cham cham as required
- Ghee 1/2 cup
- First soak rice for 3-4 hours.
- Then boil water with salt, cardamoms and cloves.
- Then add rice and cook until done.
- Then drain it and keep it aside.
- Then heat ghee in pot, put 1 cup water and sugar and cook until sugar dissolves.
- Then add boiled rice, cover it and cook on medium flame.
- When syrup dries, add yellow food color, red food color and green food color and simmer it on low flame for 10-20 minutes.
- Then take out dish, keep gulab jamun, cham cham, sprinkle khoya, almonds, pistachios, coconut slices, raisins and ashrafiyan and serve hot.
Zarda is tasty and delicious sweet rice dish. Rice is boiled with cardamom and cloves. Then cooked in sugar syrup with ghee and food colors are added. Then sprinkled with khoya, nuts, colorful ashrafiyan, gulab jamun & cham cham and served. Try this recipe.