Afghani Pulao Recipe
Afghani Pulao is national dish rice dish of Afghanistan. It is also known as Kabuli Palaw.
- Rice boiled 1 kg
- Beef 1 kg
- Carrots slices 5
- Onion slices 2
- Raisins 1 cup
- Almonds 1 cup
- Pistachios 1 cup
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Whole black pepper 10
- Big cardamom 3
- Small cardamom 3
- White cumin 2 tbsp
- Cardamom powder 1 tbsp
- Salt 4 tsp
- Sugar 1 tbsp
- Ghee 4 tbsp
- Oil 2 tbsp
- First heat oil in pan, put carrots and fry it.
- Then add sugar, cardamom powder, almonds, pistachios and raisins, fry it for few minutes and keep it aside.
- Then heat ghee in pot, put onions and fry until golden brown.
- Then add beef, fry it and add ginger garlic paste.
- Then add black pepper, small cardamom, big cardamom, white cumin and salt and stir it.
- Then put water and bring to boil.
- Then add boiled rice and cook until water dries.
- Then simmer it for 10-15 minutes.
- When ready, take out in dish, put fried carrots, almonds, raisins and pistachios and serve hot.
Afghani Pulao is tasty rice dish. Carrot is fried with nuts. Then beef is fried with spices in ghee. Then cooked with boiled rice and simmered. Then topped with fried carrots & nuts and served. You can also use chicken or lamb.