Crispy Karela Fry Recipe
Crispy Karela Fry is tasty vegetable. You must try this vegetable dish at home for some change. You can also add more ingredients.
- Bitter gourd 250 gm
- Turmeric 1/4 + 1/4 tsp
- Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder 1 tsp
- Fennel powder 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder 1/4 tsp
- Asafoetida 1 pinch
- Dry mango powder 1 tsp
- Gram flour 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required
- Coriander leaves chopped for garnish
- Peel bitter gourd, cut from center, take out seeds and cut into small pieces.
- Then put 1/4 tsp turmeric in bitter gourd and leave for 10 minutes.
- Now wash bitter gourd 2-3 times with water nicely and squeeze it.
- Then heat oil in pan.
- Then add bitter gourd slices and fry it on medium until light brown or about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Then add 1/4 tsp turmeric, red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, fennel powder, garam masala powder, asafoetida, dry mango powder and salt, stir it and sauté it more for 5 to 6 minutes on low flame.
- Then add gram flour and sauté for few minutes more until rawness of gram flour finishes.
- When ready, take out in dish, garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with roti, naan or rice.
Crispy Karela Fry is tasty dish. Bitter gourd is washed and fried. Then sauteed with spices and gram flour. Then garnished with coriander leaves and serve with roti, naan or rice.