Fish Biryani Recipe
Oct 24, 2017
Fish Biryani is popular biryani in Pakistan. You must this recipe at home.
- Fish 1-1/2 kg
- Oil 4 tbsp
- Onions grated 1-1/2 cup
- Ginger paste 1-1/2 tsp
- Garlic paste 1-1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1-1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder 1-1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder 1-1/2 tbsp
- Red chili powder 1-1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1-1/2 tsp
- Biryani masala 2 tsp
- Onions brown 1/2 cup
- Salt 2 tsp
- Yogurt 1-1/2 cup
- Chopped coriander leaves 1 cup
- Finely chopped green chilies 2-3
- Rice 2-1/2 cups
- Cloves 6
- Black peppercorns 6
- Cinnamon 2
- Green cardamom 6
- Salt 2 tsp
- Hot water 4 cups
- Yellow color 1 pinch
- Warm milk 1 cup
- Salt 4 tsp
- Heat oil in pot, add cumin seeds and fry until crackle.
- Then add onions, ginger paste and garlic paste and fry it.
- Then add garam masala powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt and yogurt and sauté until oil separates.
- Then mix fish and cook on high flame till opaque.
- Then put brown onion, coriander leaves, green chilies and biryani masala and mix it nicely.
- For rice: Clean rice and wash it nicely.
- Then oil in pot, add cloves, black peppercorns, cinnamon and cardamom.
- When color changes, add rice, water and salt.
- Then cook it until all done.
- To assemble: Spread half rice in pot.
- Then spread fish mixture and spread remaining rice.
- Then mix warm milk and with yellow color.
- Then spread yellow color mixture and simmer it on tawa for 15 minutes.
- When ready, mix it, take out in serving dish and serve hot with raita.
Fish Biryani is tasty rice dish. Fish is cooked with spices in oil. Then mixed with green chilies, coriander leaves and biryani masala. Then simmered with boiled rice and yellow food color & milk mixture. Then mixed and served hot with raita.