- 1 small Onion; chopped
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Ketchup
- 2 tbsp Dry mustard
- 1 tsp Hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp Ground cloves
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 lb Firm, white fish fillets
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a pot, place over medium heat and boil until reduced to thin syrup.
- Pour the syrup through a strainer, discard the cooked ingredients in the strainer and chill the syrup.
- Place fish fillets in a baking dish and spoon some syrup over.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Cook the fish on a hot grill, basting with a teaspoon of barbecue syrup on each side.
- Serve hot.
A popular Barbecue recipe made even easier