- 2 tablespoons of salt 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons of fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of chili powder
- 4 tablespoons of paprika
- 10 to 12 beef ribs
- 1 3/4 cups of white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of fresh ground black pepper
- In a bowl, combine salt, sugar, cumin, pepper, chili powder and paprika to make barbeque rub.
- Rub ribs thoroughly with this mixture. Place ribs on baking sheets and cook in 180 degree oven for 3 hours.
- Do not turn as slow cooking infuses the spices.
- Remove from oven. (The ribs may now be covered and refrigerated up to 2 days before grilling)
- Use very low charcoal fire with rack set as high as possible. Grill ribs 5 minutes to 30 minutes per side, depending on heat and temperature of ribs.
- Ribs should have light outer crust and be heated throughout.
- If you prefer juicy ribs, coat with basting sauce just before removing from grill. Otherwise serve dry with sauce on side.
- Remove ribs from grill, cut in between bones and serve.
Rock the BBQ party