- 2 liters milk
- 10 whole cardamom pods
- 4 to 5 Tbsp sugar
- 10g chopped blanched almonds
- 25g chopped unsalted pistachios
- Bring the water to boil in a heavy pot. As soon as the milk begins to rise, turn the heat down adjusting it to allow the milk to simmer vigorously without over boiling.
- Add the cardamom. The milk has to reduce to about a third of its original amount. Stir frequently as it happens. Whenever a film forms on top of the milk, just stir it in.
- Discard the cardamom pods and add the sugar and almonds. Stir and simmer gently for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour the reduced milk into a bowl and cool completely. Stir in half the pistachios and stir in.
- Cover and place in the freezer. Stir the ice-cream every 15 minutes or so to break up the crystals.
- When it becomes difficult to stir, divide the ice cream into 6 small cups or yoghurt pots, cover and freeze.
- Unmould to serve.
A popular flavored frozen dessert made from milk