- 1/2 lb spaghetti
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- grated parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- 3 sprigs fresh basil (or 1 teaspoon dry basil)
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and put them in a bowl
- Add basil to the tomatoes.
- Peel the garlic. Squash with the side of your knife and chop into tiny pieces. Add to the bowl.
- Pour olive oil over the ingredients. Stir and set aside.
- Put a large covered pot of water on to boil.
- When the water boils, slip the pasta into the pot carefully and stir with a long fork. Boil for 6-8 minutes; follow the directions on your spaghetti package.
- Drain the pasta in a colander in the sink. Shake but do not rinse.
- Put the pasta back in the pot, pour the tomatoes over it and stir with a long fork.
- Serve on plates and sprinkle with the cheese.
Delicious and easy to make Spaghetti