- 50g butter or margarine
- 50g caster sugar
- 2 tsp water
- 75g self-raising flour
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 75g icing sugar
- 2 tsp hot water
- Glaced Cherries for decoration
- Cream the margarine or butter with the caster sugar until light and creamy.
- Add 2 tsp of water, 1 tsp at a time and beat well.
- Sieve the flour and add to the butter and sugar mixture and mix well.
- Shape into small rounds and arrange on a well greased baking tin.
- Bake in a hot oven 200 C/400F Gas 6 for 15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack
- Dissolve the icing sugar in 2 tsp of hot water and mix well and place a glaced cherry on each biscuit.
Easy to make coconut biscuits for all occasions