- 2 Chicken Breasts; cut into bite-size pieces
- 280 ml Chicken Stock
- 15 gm Butter
- 2 Tbsp Natural Yoghurt
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, crushed
- Salt and Pepper
- Handful fresh Parsley, chopped
- In a pan, melt the butter and add the olive oil over low flame. Then add the chopped onions and let it cook on medium flame until the onion is soft and golden. Then add the crushed garlic and cook for another minute or so.
- Add the chicken pieces to the onion and garlic mixture and stir until the chicken is cooked and brown on all sides.
- Then gradually add the chicken stock and season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the chopped parsley. Bring to the boil then turn the heat down and leave gently cooking - uncovered - for about 20 minutes.
- Take the chicken pieces out of the mixture and keep them warm. Turn up the heat so that the liquid is reduced by about half. Remove from the heat and stir in the yogurt.
- Add in the chicken pieces and cook on low flame for about 3-4 minutes and garlic chicken is ready to be served.
- Serve the garlic chicken with vegetable rice, noodles or mashed potato.
A great entrée for all occasions.