Summer Time Dessert
- 1 lb. bag Oreo cookies
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) melted margarine
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet morsels
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) margarine
- 1 1/2 cup (13 oz. can) evaporated milk
- 2 cups fine powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 gallon ice cream (vanilla or chocolate)
- Crush cookies and mix with melted margarine.
- Press into 9x13 inch greased pan and refrigerate.
- In a saucepan, melt the morsels and remaining margarine.
- Gradually add the milk and sugar and boil for 8 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla. Cool for about 10-15 minutes.
- Slice and spread ice cream over crust.
- Pour cooled chocolate mixture over ice cream and freeze.
Delicious easy to make dessert