Summer Chicken Salad
- 4 cups cooked long grain and wild rice (cooked in chicken stock)
- 2-3 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 2 oz peas
- 1-2 ripe avocados, cut into cubes
- 1 cup toasted pecans
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Take a food processor and mix all the dressing ingredients in it.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a bowl with the dressing and (except avocado and pecans) and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Add avocado and pecans just before serving.
- Serve cold.
When its simply too hot and humid to eat heavy meals, try this light and filling summer chicken salad.