Shami kababs is a contemporary dish of Pakistan. It is widely made all around Pakistan and is loved by its people. It is made out of lentils and beef/mutton. It is served at tea parties and aftaars in ramadan, along with pakoras and samosas. It is served with ketchup and chutney.
Best Shami Kabab Recipe
- Chicken pieces 1/2 kg
- Ginger a small piece
- Gram lentil 1 cup
- Garlic 4
- Whole red chilies 8
- Cinnamon a piece
- Black peppercorn 6
- Big cardamom 2
- Salt to taste
- Coriander seeds 1 tsp
- White cumin 1 tsp
- Chopped mint leaves 1 bunch
- Yogurt 1 tsp
- Chopped green coriander 1 bunch
- Chopped ginger 1
- Chopped green chilies 4
- Chopped onion 1
- Corn flour or Rice flour 2 tbsp
- Oil to fry
- Egg whites 2
- Wash chicken pieces properly.
- Take a pan and put chicken in it.
- Now add gram lentil, garlic, ginger, big cardamom, black peppercorn, whole red chilies, salt, coriander seeds, white cumin and 2 to 2-1/2 cup hot water and cook it.
- Let it cook for a while.
- When it is tender add yogurt.
- Cook it in yogurt until the water dries.
- When it is cook grind it in a chopper
- Now add chopped green coriander, chopped mint leaves, chopped green chilies, chopped onion, chopped ginger, corn flour or rice flour and egg whites and mix it nicely.
- Now grease your hands and make kababs.
- Take a wok pan and heat oil in it.
- Now fry the kababs until they are golden brown.
- Serve hot with chutney.
Featured Shami Kabab Recipes
Shami kababs can even be served as a patty in sandwiches. These can be easily given to children for their lunch at school. One can also make bun kabab by putting them in buns and adding onions and chutney. One of the variations is coating them with egg before frying. These are called ‘anday wale shaami kabab’ . This is a very popular street food of Pakistan and is enjoyed by the masses.
Recent Shami Kabab Recipes
Show More Shami Kabab Recipes