- 1 stick of butter or margarine, softened
- 1 box of light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups of self -rising flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 6 ounces of chocolate chips
- 1 cup of chopped pecans
- In a bowl, cream the margarine or butter and sugar together with an electric beater. Add the eggs and beat well.
- Add the flour a little at a time and the vanilla essence.
- Beat well and stir in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Pour the batter into a well greased 9” X 13” pan and bake for 40 to 50 minutes at 300 degrees.
- Serve hot.
Relax in the afternoon and chew on some of it.