- 2 cups warm water (not hot)
- 3 Tbsp water, extra
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages yeast
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons butter (let sit out until soft)
- 1 egg
- 6 1/2 cups flour
- cinnamon-sugar mixture
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- Mix water and yeast and wait 5 minutes. Stir in sugar, salt and 2 cups of flour.
- Add egg and butter and mix.
- Stir in rest of flour by hand, if dough is still sticky add just enough to make it not sticky anymore.
- Let raise until dough is double in size.
- Sprinkle flour on surface and roll dough out until is approx 18 X 12 inches.
- Spread a very thin layer of soft butter on dough and sprinkle cinnamon/sugar mixture on it.
- Roll dough from the long side, it should look like a log.
- Cut into 1 inch pieces. Should be 18 pieces.
- Place brown sugar and butter into microwave dish and heat until butter is just melted; stir well.
- Stir in 3 T water.
- Divide mixture into 3 pans (8-inch cake pans).
- Place 6 pieces in each pan.
- Let it rise for about 45 minutes.
- Bake for 20 minutes in a 325°F oven.
- Serve warm
Sweet and Caramelly rolls