- 2 lbs. strawberries, quartered,
- plus 20 medium strawberries, hulled and left whole, for garnish
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup good quality Grapes juice
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- In a large bowl, toss the quartered strawberries with the lemon juice.
- Place the Grape juice and the sugar in a medium saucepan over moderate heat, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the mixture over the strawberries and let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until cold.
- Place the strawberries and syrup in the bowl of a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Strain the seeds out of the puree.
- Transfer sorbet to an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- To serve, place a scoop each of the sorbet and vanilla ice cream into bowls.
- Top with the whole strawberries and a pinch of black pepper.
This unique dessert has an interesting blend of flavors finished off with a hint of fresh ground black pepper for an added kick.