- 36 large Jalapeno chilies, roasted and peeled
- 1/2 lb cooked, peeled and deveined shrimp, minced
- 2 tsp Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp chilli sauce
- 2 tsp Minced green onions
- 2 tsp Minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp Horseradish
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- Peanut oil
- 1 3/4 c All purpose flour
- 2 Eggs,
- 3 tbsp green onions, minced
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp Ketchup
- 2 tsp Hot sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- Using small, sharp knife; cut 1 1/2 inch slit at stem end on side of each chili. Scrape out seeds; do not tear stems.
- In a bowl, combine shrimp, mayonnaise, chilli sauce, green onions, parsley, mustard, horseradish, paprika.
- Season it with salt and pepper. Spoon about 1 t into each chili
- Arrange chilies on baking sheet. Then refrigerate.
- Heat peanut oil in a pan.
- Blend in remaining ingredients in large bowl.
- Dredge each chili in mixture, coating completely. Add chilies to skillet and fry until golden brown, turning once, about five minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and serve.
A delicious appetizer for guests to munch on!!