Apple Chicken and Rice
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 ounces chicken-flavored rice mix
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a pan, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon butter until juices run clear; then remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, sauté rice mix in remaining butter for 5 minutes.
- Add the water, broth, apple juice, apple, mushrooms, onion, cranberries and contents of rice seasoning packet; and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Return chicken to the pan; heat through.
- Serve hot.
Try this different Apple Chicken and Rice for the next family occasion and surprise all with your cooking skills.