Almond Cake by Chef Saadat Siddiqui
- Butter - 250 gms
- Sugar - 250 gms
- Eggs - 6
- Flour - 360 gms
- Baking Powder - 15 gms
- Almonds - 300 gms
- Pistachio - 200 gms
- Apple jam - 1 bottle
Ingredients for vanilla icing:
- Eggs - 15
- Sugar - 500 gms
- Flour - 500 gms
- Oil - 100 gms
- Beat butter and sugar till smooth.
- Now add eggs one by one and beat well again.
- Then add flour, baking powder, pistachio and beat well.
- Put the mixture in a greased mold with a butter paper and almond layer and bake it for 35 to 40 minutes on 180c. Now cut the cake from the center and put apple jam then place the second half over it.
- When it is ready a crack should be seen on top of it which is a sign of perfection.
- For vanilla icing, beat all the ingredients together and with a help of a spatula cover the cake with it.
Recipe of Almond Cake by Chef Saadat Siddiqui in Lifestyle Kitchen With Chef Saadat on Ary Zindagi