Chicken Malai Handi by Shireen Anwer
- Boneless Chicken - 1/2 kg
- Butter - 2 tbsp
- Yogurt - 1 cup
- Chopped Onions - 1 cup
- Cream - 2 tbsp
- Grounded Poppy Seeds - 1 tbsp
- Grounded Sesame Seeds - 1 tbsp
- Cashew Nuts - 10
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tbsp
- White Pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Grounded Raw Papaya - 1 tbsp
- Marinate the chicken with yogurt, cream, grounded poppy seeds, grounded sesame seeds, cashew nuts, ginger garlic paste, white pepper, black pepper, salt and keep it aside for 1 hour.
- Take a handi, heat butter and add chopped onions.
- Cook till the onion gets soft.
- Now add the marinated chicken.
- Cover the lid and cook till the chicken gets cooked and gravy gets thick.
- Smoke the chicken.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
Chicken Malai Handi is prepared with Chicken, Butter, Yogurt and Cream, smoked with Coal, garnished with Green chilies and Green Coriander and served with hot Naan.