Prawn Biryani by Zarnak Sidhwa
- Prawns 1 pound
- Rice 1 cup
- Chopped onion 1
- Grated ginger piece 1
- Crushed garlic 2
- Green chilies 2
- Grated coconut 2/3 cup
- All spice powder 2 tsp
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Cashew nuts & Raisins 1 tbsp
- Bay leaves 2
- Ghee or Butter 1/4 cup
- Salt 1 tsp
- Make fine paste of green chilies, all spice powder, ginger, garlic, cashew nuts and coconut.
- In pan, heat 3 tbsp butter or ghee, add half onions and fry until golden brown.
- Add paste to onions and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add prawns and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Mix well, cook for few minutes, then remove from heat and set aside.
- In separate pan, heat 2 tbsp butter or ghee, fry bay leaves, add remaining onions and fry until onions are golden brown.
- Add rice and stir fry for 10 minutes.
- Add peas, 1/2 tsp salt and 2 cups water.
- Cover and cook until rice is almost done on low flame.
- When done, add lemon juice and garnish biryani with fried cashew nuts and raisins.
Recipe of Prawn Biryani by Zarnak Sidhwa in Food Diaries on Masala TV