Sicilian Pasta by Zarnak Sidhwa
- Spiral pasta 200 gm
- Eggplants 7-8 medium
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil 5-6 tbsp
- Onion chopped 1 medium
- Bread crumbs 1 cup
- Milk 2 tbsp
- Tomato basil pasta sauce 1 bottle
- Parmesan cheese 25 gm
- Heat plenty of water in deep pan, put spiral pasta in it.
- Add salt and cook.
- Halve eggplants and cut each half into 4 pieces.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in another pan.
- Add onion and saute for 1 minute.
- Add eggplants and salt and mix.
- Cover and cook on medium heat.
- Place bread crumbs in bowl, add milk and mix well.
- When eggplants become soft, add bread crumbs and mix.
- Cook stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato and basil sauce, with little water, add to pan and mix well.
- Add salt and mix.
- Add freshly, crushed black peppercorns and mix.
- Drain pasta and add to eggplants mixture.
- Add remaining olive oil.
- Add shavings of parmesan cheese.
- Transfer into serving dish and serve hot.
Recipe of Sicilian Pasta by Zarnak Sidhwa in Food Diaries on Masala TV