Nihari by Ayesha Abrar
- Chicken with bones 1 kg
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tbsp
- Red chili powder 2 tbsp
- Song powder 1 tbsp
- Mace powder 1 tbsp
- Star anise 2
- Dry ginger 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Nutmeg powder 1/2 tbsp
- All spice powder 1 tbsp
- Turmeric 1/2 tbsp
- Black pepper 1/2 tbsp
- Big cardamom 1
- Coriander powder 1 tbsp
- Oil 3 tbsp
- Flour (roasted) 1 cup
- Degi red chili 2 tbsp
- Onions 1 cup
- Green chilies chopped for garnish
- Ginger julienne for garnish
- Mint leaves, Coriander leaves, Fried onion, Lemon for garnish
- Heat oil and fry 1 cup onion until golden brown.
- For nihari: Mix red chili powder, mace powder, star anise, dry ginger, salt, song powder, nutmeg powder, all spice powder, turmeric, black pepper, big cardamom and coriander powder, keep in bowl and grind it.
- Then add ginger garlic paste in golden brown onion and roast it.
- Now add chicken and nihari masala and roast for 10 minutes.
- Then add water and cook for 30 minutes.
- Now add flour and cook for 5 minutes.
- When thick, add 4 tbsp oil, onion and degi red chili in another pan and give bhagar.
- Then garnish with green chilies, ginger, coriander leaves, mint leaves, fried onion and lemon and serve.
Nihari is South Asian Stew. It is Popular Dish of Pakistan. Nihari is usually eaten in Sehri in Holy Month of Ramadan. It is also eaten in Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. It is served with Naan, Green Chilies, Coriander Leaves and Ginger.