Opera Cake by Shireen Anwer
For Vanilla Sponge:
- Eggs 3
- Caster sugar 3 oz
- Flour 3 oz
- Baking powder 1/2 tsp
- Grated chocolate 4 oz
For Coffee Mousse:
- Eggs separated 3
- Whipped cream 1-1/2 cup
- Milk 1/2 cup
- Sugar 4 oz
- Vanilla essence 1/2 tsp
- Coffee 2 tsp
- Gelatin powder 1-1/2 tbsp
- Water 1/4 cup
For Chocolate Ganache:
- Cooking chocolate 4 oz
- Cream 1 cup
- For opera: Make 2 vanilla sponge in 9 inch thin sandwich pan.
- Now take out from oven and cool it.
- For coffee mousse: Cook egg yolks, milk and 2 oz sugar until thick.
- Then take it out, add vanilla essence, coffee and dissolved gelatin with water in coffee mixture.
- Now beat egg whites until stiff.
- Then put coffee mousse and whipped cream and fold it.
- For chocolate ganache: Heat cream in saucepan slightly.
- Now take it out and add crushed cooking chocolate.
- Then keep it aside for 5 minutes and mix it until smooth.
- For cake assemble: Keep vanilla sponge on lose bottom pan and brush with ganache.
- Now keep half coffee mousse, cover with second sponge and keep it aside for set.
- Then take out cake and cover more with mousse and ganache.
- Now leave it for set and decorate with whipped cream and chocolate.
Opera Cake is French type cake. It is yummy & delicious cake.