Cheese Straws by Zarnak Sidhwa
- Flour 4 oz
- Salt 1 pinch
- Curry powder 1/2 tsp
- Butter 2 oz
- Grated cheddar cheese 2 oz
- Egg beaten 1
- Poppy seeds to sprinkle
- Cumin seeds to sprinkle
- Sift flour, salt and curry powder into bowl.
- Rub in butter until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add cheese and half egg and mix to form dough.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough on floured surface.
- Cut into strips.
- Twist and place on baking sheets.
- Brush straws with remaining egg.
- Sprinkle half straws with poppy seeds and half with cumin seeds.
- Bake in oven at 200 degrees C for 15-20 minutes until golden.
Cheese Straws is tasty snacks. It is traditional of Southern United States. You can make at home easily.