Creamy Spinach Pasta by Zarnak Sidhwa
- Spaghetti 1/2 packet
- Spinach puree 1 cup
- Garlic cloves 5
- Finely chopped onion 1
- Fresh basil leaves 8-10
- Fresh parsley 1/2 bunch
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Cream 3/4 cup
- Milk 1/4 cup
- Nutmeg powder 1 pinch
- Italian seasoning 1/2 tsp
- Mozzarella cheese 1/2 cup
- Grated cheddar cheese 1/2 cup
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Garlic bread or Toast to serve
- Boil water in deep pot.
- Once water starts to boil, season with salt and add spaghetti.
- Cook spaghetti till all done.
- Once cooked, drain spaghetti and rinse under cold water to stop cooking process.
- Drizzle some olive oil over boiled spaghetti and keep it aside, while you prepare sauce.
- Heat oil.
- Add chopped garlic and onion and saute until onion are soft.
- Add spinach puree.
- Season puree with salt, pepper, nutmeg powder and Italian seasoning.
- Add basil leaves and parsley to it.
- Continue to cook for about 2-3 minutes or till puree starts to bubble up.
- Now add cream and milk.
- Stir to combine and bring sauce to boil.
- Once it comes to boil, lower the flame, add both cheese and mix well.
- Cover and simmer it for few minutes or till cheese melts.
- Now toss evenly spaghetti in spinach sauce.
- Serve with toasted garlic bread.
Creamy Spinach Pasta in new variety of pasta. It is prepared with spaghetti. The flavor combination of spinach, Italian seasoning & cheese are delicious & amazing. Must try this recipe.